The quickest way to update your name, is to use our Live Chat service on My Account.
Click 'My Account' below to Register or Log in. Live Chat is available Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm.

Alternatively, complete our ‘Change Personal Details Form’.

So that we can complete your request, you’ll need to send one of the following types of evidence that shows your new name:

  • Decree Absolute / Order of Civil Partnership Dissolution + Birth Certificate (Original or Crown Copy)
  • Decree Nisi + Birth Certificate (Original or Crown Copy)
  • Marriage / Civil Partnership certificate (Original or Crown Copy)
  • Photo Card Driving Licence (Original or Copy)
  • Passport (Original or Copy)
  • Deed Poll (Original or Copy)
  • Statutory Declaration (Original)

Crown Copy is a legal copy purchased in accordance with Crown Copyright Law.

Select a method of contact below.